I’ve challenged myself to read more in 2016 and I am off to a pretty good start. I really enjoy reading all kinds of books and my list will show some of that diversity. My list will certainly grow as I borrow and buy new books pretty regularly (time to start reading them all). Here is my initial booklist that I’ve already read this year, am currently reading, or books that are waiting to be read.
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs (the 3rd book in the Peculiar Children Series). I have to admit I didn’t like this book as much as the first two. The story line was only held together by the pictures especially in the beginning. It finished better than it started and I did like the ending. I won’t ruin it for you if you decide to read it.
- Wholly Mary, Mother of God by Chris Padgett. I’m almost done reading this one and it’s has sparked an idea for a blog post which I am working on. It’s also sparked a closer relationship with Mary. Love it, love Chris’s writing.
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. I assigned this as reading to my daughter and I happen to have two copies of the book, so I thought I’d read it too. I haven’t read it since I was a kid.
- The Sassy Way to Starting a Successful Blog When You Have No Clue by G. Gabrielle. This is a kindle book and it’s how I am building this blog. Good book. Recommend it. I also contacted the author via email (which she provides in the book) and she got back to me with the answer to my question!
- The Art of Spiritual Writing by Vinita Hampton Wright. I’ve read only one chapter of this book. I hope it is as good as the reviews!
- The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom. Looks like a great book!
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. This one comes highly recommended by several people.
- WordPress Bootcamp by David Maxwell. Another Kindle book I just downloaded. I have lots to learn on WordPress.
What are you reading? Do you have a favorite booklist? Let me know in the comments or on my Facebook page!